Re: Getting my Database name in a C Extension

From: Cedric Berger <cedric(at)precidata(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting my Database name in a C Extension
Date: 2014-10-03 07:31:54
Lists: pgsql-general

On 02/10/14 18:13, Tom Lane wrote:

> Cedric Berger <cedric(at)precidata(dot)com> writes:
>
>> 1) What is the easiest way to get that directly in C?
>
> The usual locution is "get_database_name(MyDatabaseId)".

Ok, but then how do I find "MyDatabaseId" in, say,
a BeginForeignScan() or GetForeignRelSize() FDW callback?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/fdw-callbacks.html

Sorry for these beginner's questions, but I've trouble navigating
the documentation / source / examples for this kind of info.

PS: is "which see for additional details" really good English
in the fdw-callbacks.html documentation?

>> 2) Is there a way to get this information in the SQL extension
>> installation/update scripts (like the @/extschema/@ substitution)?
>
> Nope. Doesn't seem to me like a remarkably good idea to refer to it
> in that sort of way anyway. What would happen if someone renamed
> the database after the extension is installed?

Ok,
Make sense,

Thanks
Cedric