Re: Feature request: temporary schemas

From: cowwoc <cowwoc(at)bbs(dot)darktech(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature request: temporary schemas
Date: 2014-09-14 22:01:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Nick,

I don't think this would help for three reasons:

1. I'm already planning to run unit tests against a separate (but
identical) database than production, so there's no danger of wiping
out the production database.
2. I need to create a new temporary schema per test, and run 4-10 of
tests per second. I'm guessing this wouldn't perform well using
"pg_ctl".
3. And finally, I'd like to configure all this through JDBC (pure
Java). "pg_ctl" would require me to interact with native code.

Gili