Re: proposal: rpm package for plpgsql_check

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: rpm package for plpgsql_check
Date: 2014-08-27 04:14:07
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

On 08/26/2014 02:43 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hi
>
> I prepared package for 9.3 - what I tested - for 9.2 and 9.4 it is
> mechanical work - change in preambule

I still don't see any check to make sure the PostgreSQL being built
against is the right one for the %pgmajorversion specified.

You could test

pg_config --version

but it'd probably be better to just ensure the correct pg_config gets
used from the target postgresql%{pgmajorversion}-devel by placing

%{pginstdir}/bin

first on the PATH.