Re: Checkpoint_segments optimal value

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Checkpoint_segments optimal value
Date: 2014-07-26 02:05:30
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On 7/25/2014 5:58 PM, Prabhjot Sheena wrote:
> We do have i/o problem during heavy loads because we share mount point
> from netapp across different machines which we are getting rid in few
> weeks by moving stuff to Amazon aws and than IO issues will go away
> with fast iops

Netapp has to be some of the most expensive storage I've ever seen in a
datacenter and is frequently a source of performance problems. NFS
isn't really appropriate for storing database data on, there's way too
many opportunites for fsync to get lost, more so if you've got a
virtualization layer in there too.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W