Re: Windows Installation User account - Correct database for us

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows Installation User account - Correct database for us
Date: 2014-07-11 00:43:23
Lists: pgsql-general

On 7/10/2014 5:01 PM, Don Brown wrote:
> When the database is installed a postgreSQL user account is created
> which in most cases will be the second user account on the PC. The
> result of this is the user now has to select the user account when
> ever the computer is restarted.

I thought I saw that the latest versions of the eDB PostgreSQL installer
for Windows are using the Network Service built-in account rather than
creating a special user ?

anyways even if they are creating a service account, it should be
flagged such that its not valid for regular login, hence doesn't show up
on the desktop login, much the same as quite a few built in accounts,
like the IUSR_machinename account that Microsoft's IIS webserver uses by
default.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W