Re: Not sure if this crash is in psql odbc driver?

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: "Itnal, Prakash (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <prakash(dot)itnal(at)nsn(dot)com>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not sure if this crash is in psql odbc driver?
Date: 2014-06-23 08:05:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 06/23/2014 08:50 AM, Itnal, Prakash (NSN - IN/Bangalore) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We encountered a crash that points to psql odbc driver. The crash is
> not at fixed at same point but it always points to psql-odbc driver. It
> is at same two places shown below. Kindly let me know if this is really
> an issue in psql code!

Could be, but it's impossible to track it down without more information.
For starters, if you could try with a debug-enabled build of the driver,
so that we could see line number information and local variables in the
backtrace, that would help.

If you can reduce the test to a small self-contained test case that
reproduces the crash, that would be best. Can you provide more details
on the application and how it uses the driver? Is it multi-threaded?
What ODBC functions does it call? What config options are you using?

- Heikki