Re: disabling log_rotation_age feature.

From: Tomonari Katsumata <katsumata(dot)tomonari(at)po(dot)ntts(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: disabling log_rotation_age feature.
Date: 2014-06-13 03:11:20
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi,

Thank you for many comments.

I've not thought about another parameters...
Sorry for my thoughtless.

>> While I am generally in favor of requiring explicitness there is minimal
>> downside risk in leaving "implicit casting" of the data in this context.
>> Given that conclusion, making the change to ceiling from floor
makes sense
>> - making it possible to only achieve zero explicitly is worthwhile.
For all
>> non-zero situations the direction of rounding is largely immaterial
if you
>> accept that rounding has value.

Now, I think it's better to round-up the value that is less than its unit.
Since I could avoid unexpected setting(round-down to zero) with
rounding it up.

And document this on "18.1.1. Parameter Names and Values".

regards,
Tomonari Katsumata