Re: ODBC : SQLGetData question

From: aihtdikh <aihtdikh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dev Kumkar <devdas(dot)kumkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC : SQLGetData question
Date: 2014-05-14 09:23:26
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 14/05/14 17:07, Dev Kumkar wrote:
> Yes, the platform is 64-bit.
> We are deploying the driver as it is and not compiling it in-house
> currently.
>
> Do you see any issues with the (int) typecast done for SQLLEN?

It will certainly work for this call to SQLGetData, now that you know
the workaround.
However, I can't guess where else issues may appear if there really is a
mismatch in data size between the driver, odbc manager and/or the
application. It may work right now, but for me, I would certainly be
trying to get to the bottom of it in case it causes more weird problems.

Regards,
Harun