ORDER BY FIELD feature

From: Kevin Reynolds <kreynolds98092(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ORDER BY FIELD feature
Date: 2008-05-10 18:09:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Does postgresql have something similar to the ORDER BY FIELD feature found in MySQL?

Something like ORDER BY FIELD(ID, 10, 2, 56, 40);

It is listed here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/sorting-rows.html

I am using the Sphinx Search program, www.sphinxsearch.com, and it returns a list of IDs ordered by relevance. I take the array it gives me and create a comma separated list which is used in a postgres query using the WHERE "ID" IN (10, 2, 56, 40) statement. I would like to order the result by the order of the list.

Thanks.