Transcoding problem with wine and unixodbc

From: Pierre Couderc <pierre(at)couderc(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transcoding problem with wine and unixodbc
Date: 2014-04-25 11:48:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I am still trying to excute a MFC application (working with psqlodbc
under WinXP) under wine, unix psqlodbc, and unixodbc.

My application is in ANSI, but the DB is in Unicode, so under Windows, I
use Postgrsql Unicode driver (which transcodes..?) without any problem.
Under wine, I have tried the 2 drivers (psqlodbcw.so and psqlodbca.so)
and with the same incorrect result.
For exemple <è> becomes <Ã"> (in 2 characters).

Any hint welcome...