Re: sqlite_fdw crashes & errors

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sqlite_fdw crashes & errors
Date: 2018-09-18 00:49:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 17/09/18 00:01, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed sqlite_fdw(https://github.com/pgspider/sqlite_fdw) on my
> postgresql v9.6.
> As mentioned on the github page, the extension supports writes.
>
> However, When I try to insert record into my foreign table my
> postgresql crushes :
>
> sqlite> .schema MARIEL_TEST
> CREATE TABLE MARIEL_TEST( cola INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, colb TEXT, colc
> INTEGER);
>
> db=# CREATE FOREIGN TABLE MARIEL_TEST_foreign(cola integer,
> colbtext,colc integer) SERVER sqlite_server OPTIONS (table 'MARIEL_TEST');
> CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
> afa=# insert into MARIEL_TEST_foreign values(1,1,1);
>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> !>
> !> .exit
> -> ;

Just tried this (Postgres 9.6.10 src build and sqlite_fdw on Ubuntu
18.04). Works for me. Hmmm interesting. I did one thing different from
you - my sqlite db is under Postgres home dir (/home/postgres/sqlite).
Thinking for a bit ... did you create the sqlite db as the postgres user
or someone else? If the latter then that might explain the crash (e.g
permission denied).

Cheers
Mark