Re: assertion failure 9.3.4

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: assertion failure 9.3.4
Date: 2014-04-17 14:15:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04/16/2014 10:28 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 04/16/2014 07:19 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Yeah, it would be real nice to see a self-contained test case for this.
>> Well, that might be hard to put together, but I did try running without
>> pg_stat_statements and auto_explain loaded and the error did not occur.
>> Not sure where that gets us in terms of deciding on a culprit.
> Could we at least see the exact parameter settings for pg_stat_statements
> and auto_explain? (And any other GUCs with nondefault values?)

Here are all the settings from the run that failed:

listen_addresses = '*'
port = 5432
fsync = on
synchronous_commit = off
checkpoint_segments = 128
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9
shared_buffers = 512MB
max_connections = 300
work_mem = 128MB
maintenance_work_mem = 32MB
effective_cache_size = 16GB
effective_io_concurrency = 2
logging_collector = on
log_destination = 'stderr'
log_filename = 'postgresql-%a.log'
log_rotation_size = 0
log_truncate_on_rotation = on
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p] %l: '
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_statement = 'all'
track_activity_query_size = 10240
shared_preload_libraries = 'auto_explain,pg_stat_statements'

As you can see, auto_explain's log_min_duration hasn't been set, so it
shouldn't be doing anything very much, I should think.

cheers

andrew