Re: hot standby data folder bigger than primary

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: yhe <yinghe0101(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hot standby data folder bigger than primary
Date: 2014-04-16 21:15:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/16/2014 2:52 PM, yhe wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have a primary/standby setup and I noticed after many days running, the
> standby's data folder is growing bigger than the primary, and it keeps
> growing bigger, now it is almost 4 times the size, eg, primary data folder
> is 2G, standby is 8G.
>
> Does anyone know why it is so?
>
> best,
> Ying

Are you using streaming or wal shipping (or both)?

The data folder is to general, there are a bunch of folders in there.
Can you compare the sizes of the folders inside? (things like base and
pg_xlog)

Assuming you have wal shipping, do you have the archive_cleanup_command
set in your recovery.conf?

-Andy