Re: Is it useful to record whether plans are generic or custom?

From: torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tatsuro Yamada <tatsuro(dot)yamada(dot)tf(at)nttcom(dot)co(dot)jp>, sunchengxi(at)highgo(dot)com
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com, pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com, legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Is it useful to record whether plans are generic or custom?
Date: 2021-02-04 01:16:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Chengxi Sun, Yamada-san, Horiguchi-san,

Thanks for all your comments.
Adding only the number of generic plan execution seems acceptable.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 2:10 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Note that ActivePortal is the closest nested portal. So it gives the
> wrong result for nested portals.

I may be wrong, but I thought it was ok since the closest nested portal
is the portal to be executed.

ActivePortal is used in ExecutorStart hook in the patch.
And as far as I read PortalStart(), ActivePortal is changed to the
portal to be executed before ExecutorStart().

If possible, could you tell me the specific case which causes wrong
results?

Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi