Re: New functionality - Table tree view

From: benj dev <benj(dot)dev(at)laposte(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info
Subject: Re: New functionality - Table tree view
Date: 2014-03-14 16:26:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Thanks for reply,

Ok schema can help (I currently use it to "hide" many herited table).
But sometimes I would like to have an overview of my tables, functions
or others objects and if I have to much object it's "difficult" to
apprehend, so my first idea was to arrange that in a tree view.
There is an intermediary level (objects) and it's generate "visual
pollution" and sometimes difficulty to navigate.

With more thinking (thanks to you), maybe a more simple idea will be an
option to put "schemas" a level down (invert object and schema)

To try to better understand me :
Currently we have :
+ Database
+ basename
+ Catalogues
+ Extensions
+ Schemas
+ public
+ Collationnements
+ Functions
+ Tables
+ Types
+ View
+ ...
+ myprivateschema1
+ ...
+ myprivateschema2
+ ...

The idea is an option which allow to obtain :
+ Database
+ basename
+ Catalogues
+ Extensions