Re: WARNING: could not flush dirty data: Function not implemented

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ravi Krishna <sravikrishna(at)aol(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WARNING: could not flush dirty data: Function not implemented
Date: 2018-09-02 23:29:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Ravi Krishna <sravikrishna(at)aol(dot)com> writes:
> A CREATE DATABASE statement spewed out
> WARNING: could not flush dirty data: Function not implemented

Hmm, that's probably ENOSYS coming back from sync_file_range().
What filesystem is this database sitting on?

It's harmless from a correctness standpoint, because we'll fsync
the data later anyway; but it seems bad that we've selected
sync_file_range() if it doesn't actually work on your platform.

> A simple search tells that this is an old problem and my Windows has necessary WSL and other subsystem for this error to not show up.

If this is on Ubuntu, I don't understand why you're talking
about Windows.