Re: BOX question..

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Barry Stinson <bas(at)loganfoundation(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BOX question..
Date: 2001-03-10 21:13:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Barry Stinson <bas(at)loganfoundation(dot)org> writes:
> The documentation states that the BOX data-type stores
> the information as (1st) lower-left corner and (2nd)
> upper-right corner.
> Wouldn't that be the opposite? Lower right, then upper
> left? Is this just a bug in the documentation?

The code clearly stores the 'high' corner first, then the 'low' corner.

If we weren't just about to make a release, I'd be tempted to change
the code to match the documentation, since low-first would seem like
the obvious representation. But I suppose we'd better do the
conservative thing and change the docs ...