Storing HTML: HTML entities being rendered in that raw form

From: linnewbie <linnewbie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Storing HTML: HTML entities being rendered in that raw form
Date: 2009-04-09 16:27:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I have stored HTML in a text field that I subsequently render on the
web. However when I retrieve and render this data on the web I am
getting the entities being rendered in their raw form, ie, instead of
getting the '&' symbol when '&amp;' is stored I'm getting the 'raw'
'&amp;'.

I would be grateful if anyone can point out how I can get around this.

Best