Re: BUG #8470: 9.3 locking/subtransaction performance regression

From: Tomonari Katsumata <katsumata(dot)tomonari(at)po(dot)ntts(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #8470: 9.3 locking/subtransaction performance regression
Date: 2014-02-12 06:36:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I don't understand about this problem, but
it seems this problem is still remaining in 93_STABLE(*).
(*)f1e522696fbc01b5c8a41dbd45d6cbae229be425

9.3.2 : 4.225(s)
93_STABE: 2.819(s)
9.2.6 : 0.135(s)

93_STABLE is faster than 9.3.2, but it's apparently
slower than 9.2.6.

9.3.3 is going to be released in next week.
Will any fixes be included in 9.3.3?

regards,
-----------
Tomonari Katsumata

(2014/01/14 22:09), Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Oskari Saarenmaa wrote:
>> Thanks for looking at this and sorry about the late reply, I finally got
>> around to testing your latest patch.

>>> I have come up with the attached patch. As far as I can tell it
>>> restores performance roughly to the level of 9.2 for this test case;
>>> could you please try it out and see if it fixes things for you?
It'd be

(http://github.com/saaros/postgres/tree/alvaro-multixact-optimize-9.3) and