Re: Format SQL (external tool)

From: Michal Kozusznik <kozusznik(dot)michal(at)ifortuna(dot)cz>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Format SQL (external tool)
Date: 2014-02-06 10:25:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

We are using SQL Assistant for a lot of tasks like code formatting,
Autocomplete, code searching etc. Really powerful tool.
Unfortunately pgAdmin developers has been rejected my request to make
CTRL-space hotkey optional in pgAdmin. Allegedly because of amount of
work needed to do it (lol).
I wouldn't count on any cooperation from pgadmin dev team. sad.

On 31.1.2014 23:17, Shane StClair wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Just suggesting an idea. It would be really nice to be able to
> configure an external command to format SQL in pgAdmin. After
> configuring the external tool path in prefs, user hits a key combo
> (Shift-Ctrl F?) and the highlighted query text (or all text if none
> highlighted) gets run through the formatter and replaces the original
> text in the query window. Would be flexible for the user and seems
> fairly simple to implement in pgAdmin. Just a thought!
>
> Thanks,
> Shane
>
> --
> Shane StClair
> Software Engineer
> Axiom Consulting & Design
> http://www.axiomalaska.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
kozusznik_michal.vcf text/x-vcard 354 bytes