Re: Creating a custom email token parser for FTS

From: Brian Ghidinelli <brian(at)pukkasoft(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creating a custom email token parser for FTS
Date: 2014-01-16 00:40:15
Lists: sfpug

On 1/15/2014 4:16 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 01/14/2014 06:09 PM, Brian Ghidinelli wrote:
> Unfortunately, the token parser is hardcoded in the dictionary code; you
> have to fork it to add your own tokens. That's not the way it should
> be, but it's the way it is.
>
> Also consider that email addresses can be MUCH more complex than the above.

Thanks - that's a bummer. I know emails can be more complex, but the
fact remains that I want to partially search them. I haven't tried
dropping the email token from a particular config to see what would
happen. I also came across another technique last night where someone
suggested splitting it up before indexing so it would be parsed
differently and that might work for me.

Thanks!

Brian