Re: Hot Standby performance issue

From: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby performance issue
Date: 2013-11-02 19:33:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 28.10.2013 21:57, sparikh wrote:
> Table statistics I sent before were from primary. Following are from standby.
>
> Index Tuples Fetched 25910277
> Tuples Inserted 0
> Tuples Updated 0
> Tuples Deleted 0
> Tuples HOT Updated 0
> Live Tuples 0
> Dead Tuples 0
> Heap Blocks Read 138482386
> Heap Blocks Hit 1059169445
> Index Blocks Read 4730561
> Index Blocks Hit 9702556
> Toast Blocks Read 1165
> Toast Blocks Hit 82
> Toast Index Blocks Read 85
> Toast Index Blocks Hit 3055
> Last Vacuum
> Last Autovacuum
> Last Analyze
> Last Autoanalyze
> Vacuum counter 0
> Autovacuum counter 0
> Analyze counter 0
> Autoanalyze counter 0
> Table Size 46 GB
> Toast Table Size 615 MB
> Indexes Size 20 GB

Why have you skipped some of the rows posted for primary? E.g. the
sequential scans info?

Anyway, I think new data are not going to help us as the issue resolved
somehow, so the current data are unlikely to show the original cause.

You can either wait whether it happens again, or dig in the logs to see
if / why the autovacuum was not running on this table.

Tomas