Re: New PostgreSQL Sponsorship Criteria

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New PostgreSQL Sponsorship Criteria
Date: 2013-10-11 17:02:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

So, a couple of notes:

(1) the new criteria are the product of Jonathan, Dave Page, Josh Drake,
and me.

> Note that financial sponsors for PostgreSQL conferences are not
> considered for evaluation of PostgreSQL sponsorship.

(2) That's not actually a change from the prior policy. To be specific:

"conference sponsorships for which publicity and other benefits were
provided by the conference are not considered when evaluating sponsor
contributions."

... however, this was also previously our policy. The idea is that you
don't get sponsorship value out of the same donation twice.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.