Re: PostgreSQL Timeline

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Timeline
Date: 2013-09-18 16:14:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Damien,

This looks like fun!

I'm not necessarily comfortable with an unqualified link from Ingres to
Postgres; can you make it a dotted line or something? The reason I say
this is that Stonebraker was quite firm that there was no code re-use
from Ingres to Postgres, since he was legally prevented from such copying.

Link to my presentation Elephant Roads, which goes over a bunch of the
commercial forks as of 2009:

http://de.slideshare.net/pgconf/elephant-roads-a-tour-of-postgres-forks

Of course, there's been more since then.

And some earlier ones which I didn't know about, like mSQL (and, by
extension, MySQL).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.