Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Stéphane Schildknecht <stephane(dot)schildknecht(at)postgres(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Company PR WAS: News links, post 'em here
Date: 2013-09-14 22:09:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> The part we could also emphasize there is that a private company let us
> know it does its own translation of the PR and advocate with it.
>
> Why not taking part into the community translation effort?

Stéphane,

Please...

We've been doing our own translations of the release announcements since
2009 at least. Do I need to remember you that at this time you were
employed by DALIBO ?

When the critical 9.2.4 security update was released you did not
translate it. Do I need to remember you who did that translation ?

Are you saying that you are not aware of this ? I don't understand why
you're implying this.

About taking part into the community translation effort, we'd be glad to
do so. In fact I sent an e-mail to you and Jean-Christophe Arnu in
september 2010 (exact date is 20/09/2010 16:36 if you want to search
your archives) in this email I tell both of you that :

- DALIBO is translating the release annoucements and distributing it to
its clients, its newletter and its media contacts.

- DALIBO does not want to replace the work of the Regional Contact.

- our translation is different from the official press kit

- our translation is licence under CC BY-NC-SA

- we are ok to coordonate efforts toward the french media and include
others companies in the process, namely 2nd Quadrant and Open Wide

- We propose to organize a press conference

- We propose to bring DALIBO's reference usecases, such as CNAF, to the
regional contact.

- We propose to organize a skype meeting on sept 21th 2010 at 11:00
CEST to talk about all that.

To all of this you answered by :

"Non, je ne suis pas disponible. désolé."

Which can be translated here by : "No, I am not avalaible. Sorry."

(hope you're ok with this translation)

The exact date of you message is 21/09/2010 10:34

I don't know why you are doing this and I am tired of it. Please stop.

You're embarrassing yourself and wasting everyone's time here.

We're happy to help. If you want help, just tell what you need.