Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for design: PostgreSQL mugs
Date: 2013-09-08 13:27:50
Lists: pgeu-general pgsql-general

On 09/04/2013 12:08 AM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> PostgreSQL folks!
>
> We are looking for the next big thing. Actually, it's a bit smaller: a
> new design for mugs. So far we had big blue elephants, small blue
> elephants, frosty elephants, white SQL code on black mugs ... Now it's
> time to design something new.
>

> What's in for you? Fame, of course - we will announce the designer of
> the next mug along with the mugs itself. Plus 4 mugs for you and your
> friends.
>

> Do you have a cool idea? Please let us know. Either reply here or send
> an email to pgeu-board(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

So, we discussed a number ideas here on the lists, mainly a new text for
the mugs. But it does not look like we have a winner.

There was also this cheap shot at MySQL, but I think we all agree that
we don't need this kind of design.

This raises the question: do we want

1) a design with a new text on it (some ideas were discussed here)
2) a design with a new graphic

Discuss please.

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum