Re: question on the information_schema

From: Salvatore Barone <salvator(dot)barone(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Johnston <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: question on the information_schema
Date: 2013-08-23 15:12:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm not stupid, I added some columns before sending the query. I'm
trying to write a query that returns the name and other information
about the columns of a database. the query that is sent is the following

select * from information_schema.columns col
where col.table_schema!='pg_catalog'and
col.table_schema!='information_schema'

if i sent the query as "postgres", the result is a table that contain
the the right column list. If I sent the query as "ssaa", the result is
an empty table.
I must to be able to retrieve the list of tables as a user "ssaa".

--
Saluti,
Salvatore Barone