Re: MATERIALIZED VIEW not showing MATERIALIZED in SQL pane

From: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MATERIALIZED VIEW not showing MATERIALIZED in SQL pane
Date: 2013-08-16 21:49:20
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 2013.08.16 11:32 AM, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Materialized views is a new feature in PostgreSQL 9.3, so you won't see it
> available until the next EDB release and PostgreSQL releases. Gathering from pg
> advocacy emails, I'm guessing they are planning to release 9.3 sometime in
> September or October.

The draft release announcement shown on pg advocacy shows September 9
specifically as the tentative PostgreSQL 9.3 release date, so 3.5 weeks from now.

This is within a few days of when 9.2.0 and 9.1.0 came out in their respective
years, and I would expect that to happen again most likely.

In similar fashion, I would anticipate a 9.3.1 release about 2 weeks later,
around the last week of September, also following 9.2/9.1 precedent. And 9.3.2
in December unless there's something so critical it needs to go sooner.

-- Darren Duncan