Re: Apt & Downloads page

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Apt & Downloads page
Date: 2013-08-10 08:52:50
Lists: pgsql-www

On 08/09/2013 11:30 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> I agree that there is some duplication there but afaiks the instructions
>> for importing the key are identical and there is quite a diverse set of
>> other stuff on bith sites so the only real overlap is the three bullets
>> versions for installation.
>
> But the wiki has a link to the easy-to-use update script, and the
> downloads page does not.

hmm not entirely sure why the script is easier than c&p the commands
into a shell (you need to download and excute it which is not even
explained how to do). In any case I would vote for moving that
script(which needs to be execute as root) to the main website rather
having it on the wiki which can be more easily "modified".

Stefan