Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf
Date: 2020-01-07 02:36:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> On 06/01/2020 17:03, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So it's not clear to me whether we have any meeting of the minds
>> on wanting this patch. In the meantime, though, the cfbot
>> reports that the patch breaks the ssl tests. Why is that?

> I have no idea. I cannot reproduce the failure locally.

Hm, it blows up pretty thoroughly for me too, on a RHEL6 box.
Are you sure you're running that test -- check-world doesn't do it?

At least in the 001_ssltests test, the failures seem to all look
like this in the TAP test's log file:

psql: error: could not connect to server: could not initiate GSSAPI security context: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information
could not initiate GSSAPI security context: Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_502' not found

There are no matching entries in the postmaster log file, so this
seems to be strictly a client-side failure.

(Are we *really* putting security credentials in /tmp ???)