PGSQL vs. SQL Server questions

From: Lee Matthews <Lee_Matthews(at)pa(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGSQL vs. SQL Server questions
Date: 2003-06-10 07:07:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am interested in PGSQL as an alternative to MS SQL Server but am not aware
of its capabilities. I have already written a number of SQL queries to
create tables, views and insert data into a database in SQL Server. Can
someone please advise me of the following, or alternatively point me to a
relevant source of info :

Is there a tool like SQL Query Analyser that will allow me to run my
existing SQL statements a PGSQL database?
Can you setup database views in PGSQL?
Are the main SQL Server datatypes matched in PGSQL (ie. varchar, decimal,
int, datetime)?
Is an OBDC compliant driver for PGSQL that will enable my COM objects to
work against both PGSQL and SQL Server by merely varying the connection
string?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.