Re: 'Make' postgres9.3 takes lot of time

From: Paul Waring <paul(at)xk7(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'Make' postgres9.3 takes lot of time
Date: 2013-07-17 07:16:30
Lists: pgsql-www

On 16/07/13 21:01, Indrajit Roychoudhury wrote:
> I am compiling postgres9.3 source
> (git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/andresfreund/postgres.git) for BDR
> using the below wiki.
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/BDR_User_Guide#Initial_setup
> <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/BDR_User_Guide#Initial_setup>
> After running 'configure', make install keeps on running for ever.
> I am a newbie in Linux, so any pointers and help to make the build
> faster will be truly appreciated.

Have you tried asking this question on the pgsql-novice list? There may
be more people there who can help with this sort of question:

http://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-novice/

The pgsql-www list is primarily for discussing the PostgreSQL websites,
and therefore probably has fewer people who can help with general user
questions.

Thanks,

Paul

--