Re: Read data from WAL

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>
To: Baldur Þór Emilsson <baldur(at)baldur(dot)biz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Read data from WAL
Date: 2013-07-15 12:58:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

2013/07/15 21:45, Baldur Þór Emilsson wrote:
> Are there any projects or standard procedures for reading the data from
> the WAL to get a change log for the database (or without the WAL, using
> some other method)? I have searched for information about this quite
> thoroughly without luck, so I thought I'd try asking here before I
> started to patch Postgres :)

See xlogdump if you use 9.2 or earlier.

https://github.com/snaga/xlogdump

If you're going to use 9.3, you can find pg_xlogdump in the contrib.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/pgxlogdump.html

Regards,
--
Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>
Uptime Technologies, LLC. http://www.uptime.jp