utf8 errors

From: Jiří Pavlovský <jiri(at)pavlovsky(dot)eu>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: utf8 errors
Date: 2013-06-25 15:38:53
Lists: pgeu-general

Hello,

I have a win32 application. It uses gtk for GUI and postgres. Recently I
upgraded to newer gtk and postgres 9.2. I'm now getting utf8 errors from
postgres.
The thing I don't understand that the queries, which postgres complains
about, seem to be perfectly valid.

For example
LOG: statement: INSERT INTO recipients (DealID,
Contactid) VALUES (29009, 9387)
ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x9c

But the query is clean ascii and it doesn't even contain the mentioned
character.

So I'm stuck not knowing where to look for a problem.

Thank you,
Jiri

--
Jiří Pavlovský