Re: news ticker Services Policy -- time for a change?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: news ticker Services Policy -- time for a change?
Date: 2013-06-14 23:36:49
Lists: pgsql-www

On 06/13/2013 07:14 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> You know, I considered that distinction also... Perhaps we should have
> different policies for front-page news vs -announce. I was speaking
> from the -announce part (which is what I had approved, to be clear). At
> the same time, I was thinking "well, people who care about 'does PG have
> commerical support options?' aren't likely to be the people subscribed
> to -announce", so, from that perspective, it seemed to make sense to me.

If anything, the policy for -announce ought to be *more* restrictive
than for the news ticker. We already have sysadmins who refuse to
subscribe to -announce because there's too much dreck in it, and as a
result don't know about security releases.

I hate to abuse a equine corpse, but maybe we should have a
releases-only feed (mail and rss), and then we can be fairly liberal
about what we let on the general -announce?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.