Re: Testsuite failing on s390x

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL ODBC <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Testsuite failing on s390x
Date: 2013-06-12 14:40:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 12.06.2013 13:47, Christoph Berg wrote:
> thanks for the new regression test suite in psqlodbc - I've activated
> it for the Debian package.
>
> It runs fine on all architectures except s390x (our 64bit s390 port)
> where 3 tests fail:
>
> test sampletables ... ok
> test connect ... ok
> test stmthandles ... ok
> test select ... ok
> test getresult ... ok
> test prepare ... FAILED
> test params ... ok
> test notice ... ok
> test arraybinding ... FAILED
> test insertreturning ... ok
> test dataatexecution ... FAILED
> test boolsaschar ... ok
> test cvtnulldate ... ok
> test alter ... ok

> I can provide backtraces and look into the core, but maybe someone
> already knows what the problem is before I dig deeper into it.

Nope, dunno what's going on. I suspect the prepare test might be failing
because of some mismatch between integer types. It's binding a parameter
as SQL_C_SLONG, which means it's passed as a C variable with "signed
long int" type. Maybe that behaves funnily on s390x.

Backtraces would be helpful. Or if you can give me access to a box
running debian on s390x, I can log in and take a look myself.

- Heikki