Re: Associative array in Pl/PgSQL

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Associative array in Pl/PgSQL
Date: 2013-05-04 23:50:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/4/2013 4:40 PM, Karel Riveron Escobar wrote:
> And, I need work with it into a Pl/PgSQL function. How can I do this?

SQL has no such concept as 'associative arrays'. it understands
relations (tables).

maybe convert it to hstore format, and pass it in as a text string, but
your example gets even messier in that you've nested these associative
things.

would be much more appropriate to store that data as tables in postgresql.

--
john r pierce 37N 122W