Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Paul Waring <paul(at)xk7(dot)net>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?
Date: 2013-05-03 15:55:53
Lists: pgsql-www

On 05/03/2013 06:23 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> Really, Bruce?
>
> Yes, really. I am not saying I will stop using the wiki, but it
> certainly would be nice if I didn't have to use the wiki because others
> used it more. And the more cumbersome with wiki is to use, the more I
> would like to avoid using it --- that's just natural. I would think we
> would have a setup to encourage people to use the wiki more by making it
> easier to use.

As CVE as so eloquently pointed out, removing barriers to using the Wiki
is a good idea. I like that when I decide to open Gmail it is just
there, working. If I spent a lot of time on the wiki, I would expect it
to work the same way. I don't want to log in every time, it isn't my bank.

Sincerely,

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579