Re: How to build my own 9.2.4 installer package for IBM Power System ppc64

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to build my own 9.2.4 installer package for IBM Power System ppc64
Date: 2013-04-17 03:30:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/16/2013 7:04 PM, ascot(dot)moss(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> I have managed to install 9.2.4 to an IBM Power System server ppc64 by compiling pg 9.2.4 from source as I cannot find the 9.2.4 installer package for ppc64. Can anyone advise me how to build my own installer package for ppc64 (e.g. tools, steps)? since I have more than one ppc64 server and I want to avoid the compile-from-source approach.

on AIX, I build mine to run in /opt/$MYGROUP/pgsql/9.2 and I just tar it
up and distribute it as a tarball to my operations people. I'd
previously asked them if they wanted it as a system package, and their
response was 'why bother?'. I throw in a script that adds it as a
service (via /etc/init.d & rc3.d, I'm too lazy to figure out the new AIX
6.1 service manager).

--
john r pierce 37N 122W