Re: Encrypting PGBouncer to Postgres DB connections

From: AJ Weber <aweber(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Encrypting PGBouncer to Postgres DB connections
Date: 2013-04-10 18:15:30
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

AFAIK, you have to use stunnel to do it (which is not hard to setup, but
it almost makes you wonder whether you should go to the trouble of using
pgbouncer at all).

I just went through this and I ended up just testing direct connections
through the tunnel without pgbouncer in the middle. It worked for the
most part. I had some unexplained issues with my app that I couldn't
pinpoint so I stopped testing it for a while. (And my app already does
connection pooling, so pgbouncer wasn't going to help that much in that
regard.)