Re: introduction

From: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: "Dickson S(dot) Guedes" <listas(at)guedesoft(dot)net>
Cc: Bert <biertie(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: introduction
Date: 2013-04-09 22:43:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/04/13 09:40, Dickson S. Guedes wrote:
> 2013/4/9 Bert <biertie(at)gmail(dot)com>:
>> So I'll just monitor the mailing list a bit, pick some patches and test
>> them. I think this is the best way to learn to know the code, and is
>> probably helpful for everyone?
> Plus to that you can start reading some information about development
> process [1]. There you'll see that we have a TODO list [2] that could
> be a start point to code, but IMHO a better start point is reviewing
> another's code, you can find some information about that in [3].
>
> Another place is the IRC channel #postgresql on irc.freenode.net where
> you can find Postgres users and developers chatting.
>

> [1] http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_information
> [2] http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo
> [3] http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
>

> Best regards,
Additionally, they are very short of people to review patches, so doing
so would be a great help to Postgres development, and reviewing patches
often appears to be the bottleneck. Obviously you need to get up to
speed first before you can fully contribute here, but you will find a
lot of encouragement to start doing so.

Cheers,
Gavin