Platforms and performance

From: Roger Wernersson <roger(dot)wernersson(at)mindark(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Platforms and performance
Date: 2000-11-13 18:28:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I'm concidering Postgres instead of for example Oracle or DB2. Can anyone
tell me what platforms Postgres runs on?

* Alpha (True64)
* Sparc (Solaris)
* PowerPc (AIX)
* IA-64 (HP-UX)

What kind of performance can one expect from Postgres? Can I upload the
database into memory and run without disk-access for higher performance?

How easy is it to hire someone to help? We're based in Gothenburg, Sweden.

/Roger