Adding contrib modules

From: "Jonathan Villa" <jonathan(at)innovativesource(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding contrib modules
Date: 2005-08-16 18:54:29
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm having some trouble getting one of the contrib modules to load
correctly...

it's for tsearch2.sql

I've tried

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql
gmake all
gmake install

and I've also tried, from the contrib/tsearch2/ dir,

gmake

but that fails when looking for flex, which by the way, is installed.

When attempting the former method, and trying to run

psql -d mydb -f tsearch2.sql

I get all kinds of errors...

specifically,

type "tsvector" does not exist

I've googled for a solution/explaination but I'm still in the dark.