pg_dump selectively ignores extension configuration tables

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: "Hackers (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump selectively ignores extension configuration tables
Date: 2013-03-08 22:07:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(reposting" apparently I used a verboten word the first
time around <sigh>. Sorry for any duplicates)

The -t and -n options of pg_dump do not dump anything from an extension
configuration table, whereas normal pg_dump will dump the user data.

To see what I mean, in psql do (tested on pg9.2):
8<--------------------------
create extension postgis;
insert into spatial_ref_sys
values(42,'test',42,'foo','bar');
8<--------------------------

Then in bash do:
8<--------------------------
pg_dump test|grep spatial_ref_sys
pg_dump -t spatial_ref_sys test|grep spatial_ref_sys
pg_dump -n public test|grep spatial_ref_sys

Is this intentional, or oversight, or missing feature?

Thanks,

Joe

--
Joe Conway