Re: Queries joining views

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alban Hertroys <alban(at)magproductions(dot)nl>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Queries joining views
Date: 2006-08-21 17:48:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Alban Hertroys <alban(at)magproductions(dot)nl> writes:
> Is there a trick to make this work a bit faster?

Have you really shown us the right queries for those explain results?
I don't see where the second plan is testing "dir <> 1" at all.
It looks like the first one is faster because it's using a partial
index that has predicate dir <> 1, while the second one is using
a much larger full index. But I don't see where the second plan
is applying that restriction, so I wonder if you forgot it in the
query.