Non-reproducible valgrind failure on HEAD

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Non-reproducible valgrind failure on HEAD
Date: 2021-05-09 19:29:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I happened to be trying to run the core regression tests under
valgrind, and I got the complaints attached below, from the
process that had been running the insert_conflict test script.

I could not reproduce the failure in a second run, which is not
hugely surprising because it appears to be in cross-process
sinval processing; so timing sensitivity is to be expected.
That doesn't make it any less disturbing.

One point worth mentioning is that I'd forgotten to build with
"#define USE_VALGRIND" in the first try. AFAIK that should make
valgrind strictly less sensitive, so I think it's not material,
but still.

Thoughts?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size