Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Considering Gerrit for CFs
Date: 2013-02-06 23:00:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On 02/06/2013 01:53 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> ... if it's going to try to coerce us out of our email-centric habits,
> then I for one am very much against it. To me, the problems with the
> existing CF app are precisely that it's not well enough integrated with
> the email discussions. The way to fix that is not to abandon email (or
> at least, it's not a way I wish to pursue).

The email centric habits are by far the biggest limiting factor we have.
Email was never designed for integral collaboration. That said, I see no
way around it. I have brought up this idea before but, Redmine has by
far served the purposes (with a little effort) of CMD and it also
integrates with GIT. It also does not break the email work flow. It does
not currently allow commands via email but that could be easily (when I
say easily, I mean it) added.

Just another thought.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579