[Pljava-dev] classloading

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] classloading
Date: 2013-02-04 17:16:49
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Jonathan,

Not sure what you mean with "reloading jars". PL/Java will give you a
JVM session that is dedicated to your session (i.e. the database
connection). What classes you have access to is normally something that
someone with super privileges has decided earlier by installing jars and
declaring the class paths. Letting normal users do this would IMO be
dangerous. The same is true for other types of stored procedures and
functions.

Now, if you indeed do have super user priveliges, then there's nothing
stopping you from changing the classpath to see different classes at
different times. There would still be only one loader though (the one
that uses the database and effective classpath). PL/Java will not allow
that you load classes directly from the file system.

- thomas