Re: BUG #7842: pg_dump scripts view to table

From: Maciej Łopuszański <lopuszanski(at)oleofarm(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7842: pg_dump scripts view to table
Date: 2013-02-04 10:43:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

why?

because 1 on views didnt recreate after restoring from backup, we had a table instead of view. that means incomplete backup without even our knowledge (no warn,error), if its not a bug what other word would be better to describe this?

and now the funny part:

I deleted and created this view(and dependant views) from the same definition it was stored in pg, and the problem just vanished....

this view now is properly stored by pg_dump, and properly restored by psql.