Embedded SQL inherently faster than others?

From: leinfidel(at)netscape(dot)net (Kevin)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Embedded SQL inherently faster than others?
Date: 2004-05-04 17:18:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I've read when using embedded sql with an Oracle database, it's faster
than other methods of database interaction, due to the way it
interacts with the Oracle DB.

I've been trying to find out if this is the case for postgres as well.

I'm talking specifically about the parts of the program interacting
wtih the database, I know that obviously a C program is faster than
most other programs, in other respects.

I'm looking for absolute maximum database result speed and if that
means writing something in C and embedded SQL, versus Perl using DBI
or whatever...that's fine.

thanks for any feedback.
Kevin